Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

Sewn together, rip out, re-sew

I hate when I make mistakes sewing, and I hate re-sewing those mistakes, but I have thought of a way to repair a little jacket I made. I finished a pink corduroy jacket a couple days ago. Then I realized the mistake I made: I had three things cut, and used the wrong piece for the "fly" on the jacket front. It is hard and not flexible, so I thought maybe it wouldn't get buttoned often. Just today I thought of a way to change the fly - I can use the co-ordinated lining material for the fly (there's no more of the main pink corduroy). I have already used the co-ordinate for the cuff on the overalls - the place where the piece that I used for the fly. It means I have to rip apart several tight seams, carefully cut a new piece to fit, then re-insert the new piece. I really don't want to do it, but it will bug me until I do.

Here is the jacket

It would be so much easier and more fun to just start a new baby quilt, or the pattern I bought to make for someone who has a birthday (in Oct.) coming.

I really, really hate to fix sewing mistakes.

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?