Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 

Gardening begins early

Here in Indiana, the traditional last day of frost is May 15. I'm taking a chance by planting annuals, but it seems like it will stay warm enough. I have done some transplanting of sedum, rudbeckia, yellow primroses (from Aunt June), and some other perennials that I don't know the names. I separated and moved some creeping phlox, and planted seeds in my raised beds (spinach, arugula, basil, carrots), and some romaine plants. In the last couple days I bought 3 flats of purple and white petunia (I love the smell of the purple ones), allysum, and some new guinea impatiens, fuschia, and a little white flower that looks like lobelia, but it's something else. I got most of the petunias and allysum in the beds and fertilized. I am looking EVERYWHERE to find the right color of geraniums. My favorite are the deep coral ones, and I have yet to find them.

Check in a couple of weeks and see if I have pictures.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?