Thursday, April 19, 2007

 

proud of Liz

Being proud of your kids is nothing new, especially for me. I have four WONDERFUL kids: Karen, Phil, Liz, and Sara. This week I am telling everyone how proud I am of Liz, who works at Cornerstone Center for the Arts, in Muncie. Serving as the assistant for the Education Director, she launched an idea for an Art Show. She's been sharing with me all of her plans for a couple of months now, and last night it all came together.

The StarPress had an article, so I'll just link to that: http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704190331

Then there is the list of the winners of the juried art show:
http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704190348

Plus, there is the photo gallery, posted by Liz, I think: http://search.thestarpress.com/sp?p=/photogallery/index&keywords=cornerstone+art&photo=1&name=cornerstone+art

Needless to say, I enjoyed it totally, what with Liz doing the planning, raising funds, arranging, hosting, advertising, and ALL. I got to be there with her, which not all of the family could do, so I was grateful for that. Karen was a featured artist, and also led some workshops for high schoolers, and her work was displayed. Wow, what talented kids!

Well, now I have to switch gears. I am off to the "Mr. Ball State" contest, where Sara's fiance' is competing! Art and bodybuilding, yeah, that goes together! (Pic to follow!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?