Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

Lion brand yard - big disappointment

I made the afghan here by using a Lion Brand pattern, and I spent 100s of dollars buying their own brand-name yard. I spent hours making it, and I gave it to my daughter and son-in-law for a wedding gift. I intended it to be a special keepsake, and it was also made to be used. When I gave it to her it was beautiful! I was so pleased with it.

By using the afghan, (spreading on the couch, covering with it, etc.) it soon began to have "extra" yarn that was stretching into long loops. I contacted Lion brand and asked for help. They told me it is "the nature of the chenille" and to "knit from the other end of the skein." What? After all my work, to find that it is EXPECTED? To find that it is the nature of the product? To find that I should have started from the other end, and this would have solved it? That is crazy, and after only a couple of years, the beautiful afghan is ruined. I'm throwing it away.


Comments:
I'm so sad about this. It was beautiful and loved! Thanks for all of the time and effort that you put into it, Mom!
Love, Karen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?