Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Landon - competing for Mr. Ball State



No kidding, I know this guy, Austin Dossey. He really does look like this. Even more, uh, frightening, is that I saw him - I went to the body-building contest where Landon was competing in the same event, although Landon was in a different category.

I have to say it was pretty fun and quite amazing to see these guys prance around in their skimpy Speedos, posing for the crowd, and looking like professionals, not the students of Ball State University. I met up with Sara, Amanda Boozier, Tony Bell, Karen and Rajeev, along with Arya. There was even a competition for Ms. Ball State, and the girls were amazing examples of fitness! Too bad that I never worked hard enough to look anything like any of those girls. Here's Austin's final routine where he posed with the eventual runner-up, in the "pose-off."

To think I'd BE at this event, well, I'll just say I wanted to attend in order to show support for Landon. Yes, it was bit of a stretch to be at a flesh competition, but I was truly proud of Landon for how dedicated he was to this contest. I wish him the best of luck when he goes on the today to his 2nd and final contest (so he says. I think he will do it again!) Here's a sample of Landon (4th from the right) and the other competitors.



And here's a video of Landon from youtube...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?