Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

no snow at Palm Island

I called Phil today to ask if Columbus, Ohio, got any snow. Liz told me that they had 6 inches in Muncie, so I was curious if it was widespread. Phil asked one of the guys in the office how much was reported, "12 inches!"

Wow - I hated to tell him I was sitting by a swimming pool, having dipped in the water just prior to making my call. By the time we talked for a while I had to put the phone in my other hand, since in the crease of my elbow, sweat was dripping off both sides of my arm. Gee - I really hated to tell him THAT!

I've also discovered a friend next door in Pat. She and her husband, Richard, are here and we have gotten to be friends. It's sure nice to become better acquainted after owning this place all these years.

The pile of shells is growing, not by huge leaps, but there are lots of shells to pick through.

I watched a movie tonight, more of a documentary: Frisbee, the life and death of a hippie preacher. It captured the Jesus Movement of the late 60s and early 70s, and told the story Lonnie Frisbee, and how he is remembered. So many times there is history that we forget if it isn't recorded. I'm glad someone recorded this life. It seems Frisbee was instrumental in starting and growing both Calvary Chapel and the Vineyard Churches, yet has been ignored due to the fact that he was gay and died tragically of AIDS.

Comments:
i love you - but i wish i was with you in the warm sunshine!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?