Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Cowrie shell



Sometimes when I least expect it, something shows up that makes hope arise. I know it is rather shallow and even a bit supersticious, but when I find a shell that makes me glad and excited, it is like a little sign from Heaven. Not good theology, but a blessing.

I can't believe I found this today! There was nothing along the front of the island, even though I was up at 7, and it was low tide, and an especially low tide, too. I walked along the front and picked up some junk shells. It was a beautiful morning and later it got cloudy, but when the sun first came up it was beautiful. So I was just walking and there wasn't anyone else out there. Down by Stump Pass there still looked like nothing, then I came across a short line of shells, up along the high tide line.

First I found a nice small red tulip, which was good. I liked it, put it in my pocket. Then, right at my left was this amazing shell...it is called a cowrie. The other day I found a baby one about 1/2" long. That was unusual. THIS is practically unheard of! The reason I say practically is because Sharky/Dewey found one once, but his was broken on the top. After I came off the beach I had to show it to someone, so I went down to see my friend, Barbara. She was impressed and was so glad I shared it with her. Wow.

I wish you all (all those masses who read this blog!) could see my shell, so I'll show it here. Enjoy it with me.

Comments:
amazing. i still can't get over it.

and about the blessing from Heaven...I think I'll always love that picture in our bathroom at home, "When I see the miracle of a shell, I know God and nature must surely touch hands."

i love you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?