Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Colts win Super Bowl 2007! Peyton Manning is MVP!




We watched the Colts play in the Super Bowl down here in Florida. Well, we watched it on TV. I was one of the 1000s who got a new TV in the last month, which made it really nice to watch the game, even though the cameras often showed rain on the lenses and got fogged with condensation. We didn't buy the TV for the game, but because I "needed" it. Still, it was a good step to take advantage of the sales and be able to see the game in HDTV.

It was great to be watching "our" team on all the pre-game shows, and it was fun to be seeing Peyton Manning perform as he should, playing well in a tough game for a championship. Later he'd be named the MVP - yay, Peyton. And I liked seeing Tony Dungy win with his characteristic class and quality leadership. I kept saying that it was just amazing for it to be "our" team from Indianapolis. But the most amazing thing is that my good friend, Tim Morris, was right there alongside Peyton when he won...

Now, just for the record, it must be noted that usually the grocery stores and Wal-mart have delicious, tempting desserts when party-time is near. I have to say that the cupcakes with blue icing for the Colts or the green/orange mess (what are their colors?) that were for the Bears were absolutely the most distasteful array of desserts EVER. Why would anyone want to eat those? I even commented to a fellow customer that said desserts looked terrible, and she agreed. I bet there's a big table of 75% off, day-old sweets in most of those bakery departments. I only wish I'd have taken a picture of them so I could show how awful they were.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?