Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

Leaves and hickory nuts

Summer is over. Leaves and hickory nuts are starting to collect in corners of my patio and front porch. Spiders and their webs are everywhere. In one more month I'll have more work to do than I can achieve myself. The thought of so many leaves and cleaning out the landscape beds is overwhelming.

It's been a bittersweet summer. Liz and I went to France, and my memories of that country and our time at the Tour de France are wonderful, fun, amazing. We watched our favorite cyclists like Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis, Dave Zabriske, even Jan Ullrich. We stayed in wonderful little hotels, ate local food, met neat people. Some of them even spoke English! We listened to our selection of two CDs, the Killers and Keane. Our small manual transmission cars were cute, and it made me want a Mini-Cooper.

Meanwhile, back in Albany, USA, I am now working full-time! What a switch. There is nothing wonderful about mentioning it, but it takes a lot of effort to be there, figure what to do, and make sure we pay all the bills and correctly reconcile the checks on Quickbooks - ahh!

So, changes, changes, changes. I'd rather be in France but ya gotta live in REALITY. Woo-hoo!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?