Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

Keeping track of my work

I want to write all the things I've accomplished in the two wonderful spring days so far this week:

1-cleaned the garage (swept) Didn't find the sump pump there, which I needed to pump water off the pool cover. Cleaned cat area (yuck), threw away old junk and made the garage look decent.

2-found the sump pump that Ray bought when we had the leaky basement. It was in the barn. I figured how to use it, hooked it to a hose and began pumping off water from the pool cover. This all involved many, many trips to and from to get tools and stuff.

3-used pool cover water, through the hose, to water my geraniums in the greenhouse. Ha-ha, to Doug Spence, who told me I couldn't save them over the winter! I also saved a big barrel of this nice rain water for use to water plants later.

4-cut LOTS of pampas grass type stuff, chopped it with clippers, hauled it to the woods. I hate that grass.

5-cut off roses and got cut with thorns.

6-broke off mums, which are beginning to sprout.

7-raked beds, being careful not to break off the blooming daffodils.

8-spread as much as I had of PREEN & GREEN - (a pre-emergent) until I ran out. I have to buy more. Last year, and in years past, I have had the lawn service to this.

8-worked on plants in the greenhouse. These plants have some dead leaves and blooms that had to be deadheaded. (removed, for those who would have to look up that meaning)

9-picked up a LOT of sticks from everywhere in the yard.

10-dipped leaves from the pool cover - and there is much more of this to do.

Just to confirm this fact: I've been workin' hard! But there is so much more to do! There are so many leaves down near the basement entry, in the beds, and I need HELP. At least we have another sunny, warm day.

Comments:
Hey, Mom... I'm glad your flowers survived winter in the greenhouse! You always have such pretty gardens, and now you can do even more with them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?