Monday, April 04, 2005

 

Indiana SPRING means work!

I'm back in Indiana, and it is SPRING! Spring means there is a lot of work to do! There is garage cleaning, sticks to pick up from the ice storm, plants to chop off (roses, mums, grasses), leaves to remove from landscape beds. As an inexperienced greenhouse worker, I went out there and watered all the plants. Most of them have survived the winter and all the dried-up leaves need to be culled. Since I was galavanting in Florida, I really neglected the plants and have to catch up with this spring season. I was also very surprised at how hot it was inside the greenhouse, so I opened the windows and doors to cool it.

It's exciting to see all the new bulbs that have come up all over the yard, and all the returning ones too. All the mums are sprouting, the lilacs are budding, and the forsythia is beginning to sprout too. Mostly now there are just daffodils and the beginning of hyacinths. Crocus are about gone and I missed them.

Seeing all I have to do is daunting, but since I need to keep busy, I really do not have to look for anything - it's all right in front of me. And I haven't mentioned all that needs to be done INSIDE the house. OUTSIDE in the sunshine is much better for working.

I also want to see my new great-nephew, Tristan! I hear he is a cutie - and a VERY LONG BABY! Courtney, I can't wait to hold him!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?