Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Love and Christmas lights

What is love?

When you've been married almost 30 years, there are certain things that just blow me away. The assembling of a greenhouse, as mentioned, is a way. Then, to put up Christmas lights in the shape of a huge Christmast tree, from the topmost part of the roof, well, that really does it.

I'd heard on the radio about a contest the radio station was having. Now we aren't entering the contest, but I called husband Ray from my cell phone, mentioning that it was a nice warm day and, "Why couldn't we put the lights up this afternoon?" Ray, being the busy sort, asked, "Why would I want to do that?" So, I dropped it.

I worked for daughter Karen at her kiosk in the mall, and then I shopped a bit. I got home at 5 p.m., and who was up on the roof? My wonderful husband. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "Well, you asked me to do it."

What a guy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?